The following strategies and objectives are grounded on the principles and values of the plan:
Youth have immediate access to the supports needed to prevent, alleviate and respond to homelessness.
- Establish a coordinated access strategy
- Improve collaboration among stakeholders by promoting communication
- Remove barriers to access across youth serving agencies, government agencies, and safe spaces
- Establish a centralized publish information resource
Youth and their families struggling with risk factors of homelessness are identified and supported.
- Foster resilience among families and communities
- Prevent newcomer youth homelessness
- Adopt and implement school-based prevention strategies
- Ensure youth in government care do not exit into homelessness
- Support Indigenous youth migrating to Winnipeg
- Decolonize systems and approaches to service provision
Youth have access to a full range of housing, and housing with support options, based on need and choice.
- Re-envision the emergency response for youth
- Increase the supply and diversity of transitional housing options
- Develop a full continuum of permanent housing and supports for youth
Support to Thrive
All youth with experience of homelessness have the supports they need to maintain housing and thrive.
- Foster resilience among youth exiting homelessness through holistic and ongoing supports
- Address systemic barriers to youths’ housing stability
- Enhance the capacity of informal and community-based supports
- Embed healing into supports and system for youth